Ted Williams, MD
Psychiatrist, Dr. Ted Williams, founder of Genesis Psychiatric Center in 2002, began his medical career in Family Medicine – not Psychiatry – which may be one reason why he and his clinic maintain a perspective of mental health treatment in the context of ‘family,’ and of you as a ‘whole person’ (one’s overall mental, physical, and spiritual health). Dr. Williams’ goal is to provide a clinic where patients find cutting edge, compassionate, and comprehensive ‘whole-person’ psychiatric treatment in a warm, professional setting.” In addition, he believes that a person’s growth in faith and relationship with God can be an important part of their healing, especially because many of life’s struggles don’t have easy answers. His approach to treatment is warm, non-judgmental, and professional, and he will talk about faith as much or as little as you like.
Genesis TMS & Genesis Psychiatric Center is a University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (UTHSCSA) teaching facility. Dr. Williams is an Adjunct Assistant Professor in their School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry.
• Board Certified in General Psychiatry
• Board Certified in Family Practice
• Medical Degree, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
• Family Practice Residency, Memorial Medical Center, Corpus Christi, TX
• Psychiatric Residency, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas. 19
• Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston
Special Areas of Expertise
• Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation treatment of depression
• Anxiety Disorders
• Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
• Diagnosis and medication management of complex cases
• Disorders of Children and Adolescents
• Asperger’s Disorder
Membership to Organizations
Founder and CEO of Genesis Psychiatric Center, San Antonio, Texas.
President of Medical Staff, Laurel Ridge Hospital.
Acute Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Director, Laurel Ridge Hospital, San Antonio Texas.
1996 to May 2002
Adult, Adolescent, and Child Psychiatrist, Genesis Treatment Center, San Antonio, Texas.
1985 to 2001
Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine, Corpus Christi, Texas.